Nowadays, many companies demands decommission and responsible disposal of outdated IT assets. Large enterprise faces many challenges with this outdated IT Equipment. One of the largest challenges is making sure assets are disposed of and recycled in an eco-friendly & responsible manner.
IT Asset Disposal (ITAD) is the collection of services for disposing of retired or unwanted IT assets such as Computers, Laptops, Desktops, Hard drives, Server, Storage, Networking & Data Center IT equipment in a safe and Environmentally Friendly.
Here are Few Tips for Successful IT Asset Disposal
- Select the Right ITAD Company: – There are many companies that offer IT Asset Disposal (ITAD) Services, but they don’t all do it the same method. You should look at the quality of processes that the ITAD Company provides. Look for Companies with valuable Services. Only well-trained technicians carefully handle your IT asset disposition. By asking suitable questions, you can discover a company that will be trustworthy in the future.
- Sensitive Data must be secured: – Make sure your company’s sensitive Data must be secured & properly erased. If you wish 100 % guarantee that your data is destroyed and unrecoverable, good ITAD partners will offer both on-site and off-site Data shredding services.
- Make Sure Your Unwanted IT Asset Recycle: – Your old IT Asset might be at the end of its life. If it can’t be resold, make sure it gets recycled. Recycle your Old IT Equipment & Electronic Devices in a secure, cost-effective & environmentally responsible manner. Be sure that all responsive data has been completely destroyed earlier to recycling these assets?
- Environmental Effect: – IT equipment parts are usually not friendly to the environment. If simply throw away, they can cause environmental harm. End of life IT Asset gives bad impact on the environment. So make sure all IT Equipment dispose of environmentally friendly.
- Refurbishing and Re-marketing: – Some companies will offer to re-market your old IT Asset, once they’ve removed your data. IT Asset re-marketing can be a good way to recoup the value of Unwanted IT Equipment. But you should first be sure you’ve found the right Company, one who will follow all the steps as mentioned above, while also giving you a fair market value for your old IT Equipment.